Huw Thomas has over 25 years of commercial property experience working in local, regional and international partnerships and companies. He is now able to offer a truly personal and independent service in all aspects of commercial property.
Whatever the issue he is sure he can help; why not contact him.
Originating from Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales; Huw Thomas graduated from Bristol Polytechnic (now University of the West of England) with a Diploma in Valuation and Estate Management in 1987.
Upon leaving Bristol, Huw joined the commercial property department of Dreweatt Neate in Newbury, which provided him with excellent experience of all sectors of the commercial property market during the boom time of the late 1980’s.
In late 1989, Huw moved with Dreweatt Neate to set up a new Commercial Department for the company in Chippenham dealing with all aspects of commercial property in Wiltshire and the surrounding area.
In 1998, Huw joined King Sturge in Bath becoming a Partner in 2007; then a Director in Jones Lang LaSalle when the firms merged in 2011. During this time Huw dealt with the full range of commercial properties.
Huw has always been actively involved in the local and regional business community with roles including-
- Past President of Chippenham Chamber of Commerce and current member of Executive Committee
- Board Member of North Wiltshire Economic Partnership
- Member of City & Economic Development Committee of Bath Chamber of Commerce/ Business West
- Member of the Bank of England’s Agency for the South West Bath Panel.
- Member of the Industrial Agents Society
A keen sports fan, Huw divides his rugby supporting loyalties between Bath Rugby and Wales.
Huw spent many years as an active Round Tabler, being twice Chairman of Chippenham Round Table and also Chairman of Round Table Area 12 North Wessex. He is now an active member of Chippenham 41 Club.
He has undertaken a number of major charity events including completing the London Marathon for Round Table Children’s Wish and completing the Three Peaks Challenge twice for the Meningitis Trust.
In and around Chippenham, Huw can often be seen in his 1967 Morris Minor Convertible and when not driving, can often be found with a pint of real ale in the Three Crowns!
- Season ticket holder at Bath Rugby
- Member of Cumberwell Park Golf Club, Bradford on Avon
- Past Governor at Monkton Park Primary School, Chippenham
- Member of Morris Minor Owners Club
- Member of CAMRA
- Member of Chippenham 41 Club